Monday, May 30, 2011

Potato Salad

This is my "healthier" take on a German Potato Salad that I found online years ago. Healthier only because I use way less mayo and I don't use the bacon fat. I want to taste the potato when I eat potato salad and this one is really good.


For our BBQ I used 6 lbs of "baby reds".


boil potatoes until a fork can easily go through them




You want crispy bacon so I baked it, about 10-12 strips and then wrapped them in a paper towel to remove extra grease.


the magic seasoning...two packets


sprinkle the first packet on...


give the potatoes a stir and then add the 2nd packet


now add the bacon, chopped up into little pieces


don't use the fake stuff...it's not worth it.


total I used about 1/2 cup.  seriously. only use enough to keep the potatoes moist.


stir to coat all the potatoes but gently, you want nice chunks of potato


add chopped up chives for a pretty garnish
Ingredients:


red potatoes
Italian Season mix
Mayonaise
Bacon
Chives

1 comment: