Monday, May 28, 2012

French Potato Salad


I haven't done too many Martha Stewart recipes, but I think after this hit I just might to try some more.  I found this mayonnaise-less potato salad the other day and I decided to give this a try for a BBQ I was attending this weekend.  I had to add bacon to it because, really is it a potato salad without bacon? And yes, bacon did make it better.

I found these "sunrise medley bite size potatoes" at the store and they worked perfectly

I finely chopped 5 slices of extra thick bacon...I should have used more bacon.




the dressing tasted so good I could have eaten it with a spoon. soo tangy. love it!

they were so pretty!

mmm. crispy bacon!


Now Martha Stewart says this serves just 6 but mine definitely served more...10-12. If you are serving it as the only side then yes, 6 because people would eat more, but for a party where there a bunch of sides and everyone is taking a little of everything...10-12.


Ingredients

  • 2 1/2 pounds of potatoes: sunrise medley,fingerling or small new potatoes, halved (quartered if large)
  • Coarse salt and ground pepper
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
  • 1 small shallot, minced (2 tablespoons)
  • 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
  • 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
  • 1/4 small red onion, sliced
  • 6-8 slices of thick bacon rendered down

Directions

  1. Place potatoes in a large pot; cover with cold water by 1 inch and season generously with salt. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer and cook until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Run under cold water to cool slightly, then drain.
  2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together oil, mustard, vinegar, shallot, parsley, and thyme; season with salt and pepper. Add potatoes, bacon and onion and toss to combine. Serve at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment